Our client a Manufacturer and Distributor of Fast-Moving Consumer Good is looking for a Management Accountant.
Analyzing and presenting financial reports., manage the annual audit process, coordinate the annual budgeting and planning process, manage statutory obligation, work closely with procurement and production departments to Monitor & prepare the relevant management and Cost accounting reports.
- Financial Planning and analysis
- Preparations of timely and accurate monthly/quarterly management reports
- Perform fixed asset processing to enable reporting and Capital expenditure management
- Handling statutory deductions and tax payments while observing the stipulated deadline dates of submission, this includes the following taxes, Income tax, VAT, PAYE, Withholding tax, NHIF, NSSF NITA levies etc.
- Implementation of financial risk management policies of the company, which include insurance of assets and open risks, tax risk management and forex risks.
- Ensure also that the company working capital is safeguarded by maintaining adequate cash flow.
- Coordinate both external and internal audits and ensure effective implementation of audit recommendations, making of final accounts.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Development of pricing models by analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Responsible to check and reconcile manufacturing variances and yields analysis and interpretation of cost variances on a monthly basis
- Prepare detailed cost reports for manufacturing, identifying key overspends and variances and identifying opportunities of improvements
- Review and recalculate raw material, finished goods and other base costs and determine impact to business by applying changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
- Be registered with a professional body such as CPA, ACCA.
- At least 5 years of management accounting with exposure to cost accounting in a busy Manufacturing/FMCG environment.
- In depth understanding of manufacturing/FMCG processes
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Statutory understanding (companies act and Tax)
- Good knowledge of any accounting software e.g SAP.
- Commercial awareness, with an interest in business and an understanding of how an organisation works and manages resources
- A high level of numeracy
- The ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way
- Professionalism and commitment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- IT proficiency
- Project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels including non-finance members of staff
- Organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 8th February 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted